Thursday 23 November 2006

post two

The exam went OK, I think. I don't want to get my hopes up but I'm fairly certain of at least a passing grade. Unfortunately, I'm not sure the exam went well for everyone. CB did no work towards his exam whatsoever, and relied on his fluency to get through. To be honest, he did no research and I doubt that he will get a decent grade. YBG read all of his off the internet. My heart did go out to one of my girlfriends NA, who researched and presented hers so well, but stumbled over her words during question time. She left the room in tears. I felt horrible as I'm not great in those circumstances. I would be a terrible mother.

I now have to get on and revise for a Spanish Grammar exam tomorrow. The joys of student life.

My mother phoned today, in tears. Her arch nemesis, SM, has hired a private investigator to track her movements, and even mine. This woman now knows where I live, what my degree is in, where I'm going to be living next year, my phone numbers, my social security number, my bank details, and my email address. It's not even me that she has a problem with.

SM believes that my mother is the cause of her marriage break up. This is not true. I can't understand how this woman thinks she has any reason to do this. It isn't going to acheive anything. Her husband left her four years ago and is now with my mother. He still pays the mortgage of the house she is occupying alone, as their children have long grown up and left home. The poor woman must honestly believe that PM will go back to her. In some ways I feel sorry for her, although hiring a PI was the last straw in a long line of stalker like tendencies.

My mother shies away from conflict. I sometimes wish I was more like her. Unfortunately I take after my father. I don't posess the ability to back down.

No comments: