Tuesday 4 September 2007

post twenty seven - je suis en Corse..

Made it. It's hot and lovely.

And deserted. I am one of the first students to get here, but that's not a problem. Getting my room was. I must have been directed into at least seven different offices before someone was willing to help me. The system of registration here is shocking! I knew it was going to be bad but I never ever thought it would be it was, especially when there are no students here!

But I've made it, and I've been around the town of Corté, and its very nice. The wine isn't bad either!
My friend GB gets here on Sunday, so at least I'll have an ally. Trying to speak French to unhelpful office admin people doesn't do much for my confidence!

Blogger, Google et al are now all in French. Hopefully this all works!
^Corté

2 comments:

jfhkugasd said...

Wow that looks really beautiful. Hope you have a lovely time, and the people aren't too rude to you. :)

Anonymous said...

Corisca is one of my favourite places on this little round thing we like to call home. Have a great time, try and see as much of it as possible and I hope you continue to make a full recovery from your crash.