Monday 24 September 2007

post twenty eight - supermarket

Whilst doing a spot of laundry, I thought it would be a good idea to nip down to the local supermarché and buy myself some bits and bobs. I spent a grand total of 5 minutes picking up a baguette and some wine (of course).

However, I then spent a another 45 minutes in the queue at the tills. Why? Various reasons. The first reason of course being that someone in front of me collapsed. I was very concerned, and obviously tried to help, but being not that brilliant in French it was limited. When I stood up again, having NOT MOVED from the spot I was standing, I discovered that my place in the queue had been snatched by two old people who obviously couldn't give a rat's ass about anyone else. These eldery folks then proceeded to tell me that I couldn't be served here, and not to put my stuff on the counter!

I played the foreign card and called them a load of obsenities under my breath, whilst pretending not to understand. There was a long queue at the laundrette too.

1 comment:

jfhkugasd said...

"I played the foreign card and called them a load of obsenities under my breath, whilst pretending not to understand."

Hee hee that is totally what I would have done. :)