Monday 2 April 2007

post eighteen - home sweet home

Ah.... I'm home. In Glastonbury with the mother.

WITHOUT TICKETS.

It's a bit of a sore subject at the moment. Everyone is going.... except me. And the fact that I live in Glastonbury just rubs it in. Booooooo.

And I also am back in my receptionist job at the lawyers. Same clients, same attitude problems.
I could go on a massive rant about them, but, I'm still annoyed about the tickets.

Oh well, enjoy Shirley Bassey without me. I shall watch from the comfort of my own living room, with a clean bathroom that I'm not sharing with 150,000 other people...

... it is of little comfort.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your parents where otherwise engaged, god my parents at there age, don't like to think about it! Sorry to read about your ex, what a pain. Hope you get over the flu soon.

Eliza said...

damnation- i missed out too- but i have an EVEN MORE annoying salt-in-wound story, the Worse Half is running a breakfast counter there. got 9 tickets free- didn't give me one. smashing!

jfhkugasd said...

To actually live there is so much worse. But take solace in the fact that more people didn't get tickets than did. Who wants to stand in mud for three days anyway!

Moi said...

I do !!!!

(sorry to rub it in)

You WILL get them next year !

Eliza said...

oh and i just read all your posts- Ex is c word. and you seem lovely!

une anglaise, aka 'Jim' said...

Thank you for your lovely words of encouragement!

The Ex is indeed a pain, but is slowly becoming a distant memory!

...9 free tickets? bloody hell!!!!

Eliza said...

yes 9 free tickets, and not one allocated to the love of his life. suffice it to say he didn't get any for a week.

Moi said...

Hya just to let you know if you already don't that a re sale of tickets that have been returned / not paid for will be going back on sale on Sun 22nd April....

Also my money STILL hasn't been taken out of my bank yet and judging by the glasto message boards no one has actually paid for their tickets yet and mass hysteria is going on as there has obviously been some massive cock up, so your chances of getting tickets in the re-sale may be quite high.

une anglaise, aka 'Jim' said...

thanks for the heads up - missed out on the local allocations as well, duw to being on holiday!!!

I think i might have to give it a miss this year - sadly funds are dictating against me.

I might just go to the Dublin for a few days of guinness consumption...