Sunday 10 December 2006

post seven - itchy feet

I'm getting itchy feet.

Maybe it's the rain, which at the moment is horizontally sheeting through this town.

Maybe it's through boredom. I am honestly sick of staring at these four walls. I keep shifting my furniture around so I get a different perspective of my rom every few weeks.

Maybe it's because JB went travelling through Eastern Europe without me in the summer, and I wanted to go but couldn't due to work reasons ( I needed the money).

Maybe it's because he won't shut up about it, and how brilliant it was.

Maybe it's because I have been filling in a shit-load of paperwork in preparation for my year abroad, and its seems so long to wait.

Maybe because all those at my uni who are doing three languages are leaving after christmas and wil be away for eighteen months.

Maybe, just maybe, it's because I'm learning languages and about new cultures, and I want to go. NOW.

1 comment:

Girl on A Train said...

I like your blog, thanks for stopping by mine.
Yours reminds me of my days as a language student ( i finished over 2 years ago). You'll have a great year abroad, it will make the hard work seem worthwhile. And then you'll come back to staring at the rain and revising for oral exams again. I'll pop back to see how it's going! Bonne chance!